Proactive Health’s Dr. Melanie McMinn and Natalie Roberts, Registered Dietitian, shared helpful tips for improving our relationship with food at the tenant lunch seminar, Mindful Eating, on November 6. In this seminar, attendees learned that mindful eating is an awareness of how we eat, not what we eat. View tips from the seminar below and watch the full presentation on Facebook.
- Sit down when you eat. We eat 5% more when we stand.
- Slow down when you eat. Try to make your meals last 20 minutes.
- Put your fork down in between bites to help slow down your eating.
- When grocery shopping, try to stay on the perimeter of the store.
- Don’t eat snacks out of the box. We eat 22% more than if it was portioned.
- Don’t label foods “good” or “bad.” This takes all joy out of food.
- View every meal as a new choice.
- Eat healthier foods more frequently. Eat unhealthy foods in moderation.