Ballantyne One was the first office building completed in Ballantyne Corporate Park, developed along what is today Ballantyne Pond. Two additional five-story buildings—Ballantyne Two and Ballantyne Three—followed shortly, beginning the pattern of three that is recurrently seen around the Park.
Named for George Betsill, ASLA, a prominent landscape designer who continues to be the preeminent landscaping voice for Ballantyne Corporate Park. A creative mind, unparalleled sense of humor with a touch that continues daily to enhance our surroundings.
B. Irvin Boyle, “a loyal, invisible hand; always guiding; never seeking recognition.”
To be completed in the fall of 2016.
The 10-story building will total 287,507 square feet. The building will include a two-story lobby, glass exterior curtain walls and provide free structured parking at a ratio of nearly four spaces per 100 square feet.
The first in another series of three, Brixham Green One took the name “Brixham” from the street on which it is located and “Green” because the building overlooks a central green social gathering area (Brixham Connector).
Named for Andrew C. Calhoun, a great leader and catalyst for dynamic change within the YMCA with a lasting impact on the city of Charlotte.
Named after Tina and Rusty Chandler, good friends of the Bissell family and influential in assisting thousands of children at the secondary school level.
Located on Conlan Circle, the Conlan building was the first to be named by Smoky Bissell in honor of a person he has known and admired. David Conlan is one of Smoky’s closest confidants, both personally and professionally.
Also known as Offices on Six, the Corporate Villas was the first office space available on the east side of Ballantyne Corporate Park. The six, two-story villa-like buildings line North Community House Road along the 6th hole of The Golf Club at Ballantyne.
Named for Emily and John Crawford, “good friends. He, a great sportsman, and she, a most creative woman.” The main lobby boasts seven original pieces by Georgia artist Winston Wiant, also the daughter of Emily and John Crawford. Winston’s artwork was purchased by the building’s largest tenant, Liberty Mutual, for display in its offices.
Completed March 2001
Dedicated to Edgar and Louise Cullman. Great friends and contributors to the good of all.
Named for Malcolm E. Everett, III, a good friend who puts community before self and models dedication to family and faith.
Named after Gary P. Frenette, M.D., Ph.D. A caring giant, brilliant and of warm heart.
Named after Stacy F. Gibson, member of the Ballantyne Golf Course Design Review Committee, friend and supporter.
In honor of Margaret Elizabeth Gragg Bissell. Charlotte Country Day School 1975-2009; Head – 1992-2009. A career devoted to teaching and learning; building one of the largest independent schools in the nation.
Named after James B. Hall, M.D. Of bright spirit, keen interest and unparalleled ability.
In honor of James J. Harris, 1907 – 1985. A man of vision, wisdom and caring who always expanded our horizons. Harris was the first ten-story building constructed in the Park. Before that time, Smoky had always declared the Ballantyne Corporate Park would not go higher than six stories.
Named for Elizabeth Baxter Hayes, “friend, business partner, leader and mother. All in balance.”
Hixon is named after Joseph M. Hixon and George C. Hixon, good friends of the Bissell family who give priority to the environment, and see philanthropy as a byword.
Named for Pierce B. Irby, III, M.D., FACS, “a caring, consistent professional always working for the well-being of others.”
Named after Ros and Jerry Richardson, good friends of the Bissell family and influential members of the Charlotte community.
Rushmore One was a build-to-suit project between Bissell and AXA Equitable, and until 2011, was the only build-to-suit building in Ballantyne Corporate Park.
In honor of T.A. “Zollie” Sherrill, 1929-1996. A good friend, hard worker who made an indelible impression on all who had the opportunity to work with him. The Sherrill and Betsill buildings, sometimes referred to as the Ridge buildings, were built simultaneously as speculative buildings.
Named for George E. Simmons, General Executive of the YMCA of Charlotte from 1958-1970. Simmons is one of three six-story buildings positioned around Knotts Green, a USGA-regulation putting green.
In honor of Jim & Martha Woodward, a team who took higher education in this region to the Next Level. Chancellor, UNC Charlotte – 1989-2005.